Friday, May 27

Anatomy of a Novel: Introduction



Someone once said that writing a novel is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration, and this is both very wise and very true. Writing a book isn't simple. It doesn't even pretend to be. Out there, the world is big and bad and really really difficult to get published in. I won't say that only the best get published, because we've all read books that we just thought 'why was this published? It totally sucks'.

I could go on a rant of how unfair the publishing world is, but I won't, because that's not what I sat down to write about. I sat down to write about the different principles, particles and general bits and bobs that make up a novel.

Okay, so there's millions of different genres out there, but they all have these basic ideas in common. I'm not going to tell you how to write a novel - I'm no guru! - but what I am going to do is highlight a few things that readers (and writers) often forget about, and can make the difference between a mediocre novel and a good one.

This is Anatomy of a Novel. Thanks for reading =]

2 comments:

Wendy@FabNouveau said...

Good intro. I look forward to reading up on the Anatomy of a Novel.

Westrina said...

Thanks =] I'll be looking at structure first. I hope to get that post up sometime this week =]
~West x

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...