Sunday, May 1

Excerpt: Letters to Davey - Falling Leaves

Davey,

It was sunny today. I went down to the park and sat on the bench where you kissed me that first time - do you remember? I just sat there today, and watched the autumn leaves falling off the old oak tree that was hit by the lightening two years back - that night when you and I had our first date. Have you ever noticed how beautiful all the colours of the leaves are? People say they're orange and brown and red, but there's every colour in between, and more besides. You were the one who taught me to notice things like that.

I pulled out that old portrait you painted of me last summer. I look happy. I'm sure you made me look prettier than I really am - I told you so at the time - but you wouldn't listen. You always did flatter me.

And sometimes I believed you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...